Wednesday, January 21, 2009

100 items I would take with me to class

My friend Elizabeth got me thinking about what I would take with me if I was bringing 100 items somewhere?

I've been pondering it over in my mind, the first couple are easy but what comes after.

1 Kona Kaboom (The single speed)
1 Samoa the Traveler (to right)
1 iBook
1 Earphone
1 Bob Trailer
1 4,5,6mm wrenches
1 Chain tool
1 digital Camera
1 Colorado Recreational Map
1 lb. Raven's Nest Coffee
1 Aeropress (cool little coffee maker)
3 mechanical pencil
1 sketch pad
1 cigarette lighter
1 Beanie
1 Cilantro Plant
1 Timbuk2 bag
1 Bike work stand
1 Dwell Magazine
1 Mountain Flyer Magazine
6 bottles Pipeline Porter
1 carton OJ
1 almond joy bar
13 Jelly Bellies
1 book Landscape as Spirit
1 Knog Light + 1 vegas tail lamp (so I don't get run over wherever I am going)

1 Hookah with 1 mango and 1 double apple box of shisha
2 theater chairs from Glen Eyrie (that sit in my living room)
7 bananas
1 pair chacos

I am at 61 and am kind've running out of stuff. but I think I can go on

4 Laus Tacos... One Mahi Mahi, one shrimp, one veggie, and one chicken
1 bowl of my mom's amazing japanese curry
1 blue nalgene full of good water
3 kiwis
1 australian shepherd
1 block pepper jack cheese
12 postcards
1 black gel pen

I am up to 85 and this is definitely bringing back memories of a book that I remember reading when I was a kid where you got to count lots of things. It almost seems like a Richard Scarry book so in that case

1 Dr Suess book, maybe Horton Hears a Who
1 Richard Scarry book
1 writing pad
12 stamps for postcards

I am still amazed at how hard it is to come up with 100 items to bring somewhere. The nostalgia is definitely flowing though. I feel like I am a little kid counting stuff. It's fun!!!

Maybe this is supposed to be an experiment in details and I am not very good at focusing on details of life. I am much better at the big picture.

Oh well...

2 comments:

Elizabeth Symington said...

That was really fun to read! It was like reading a story where the main character was about to pack for a long adventure. I forgot you have a hookah. What is "1 pair chacos"?

Unknown said...

I like that you would bring Pipeline Porter